A happy place for all the sarcastic displaced kiwi's of the world.
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Sweet Potato Is Everybody's Friend, But a Fleeting One - WSJ.comThe sweet potato, or is that potatoe? is high on the list of holiday dishes at this time of year. But as we shopped today to buy all the items for our imminent Turkey Day celebration I thought about all the other vegetables I love so much. Here for all posterity is my Top 10 List:
1. Sweet Potato (kumera in New Zealand)
2. Regular potato
3. Brussels Sprouts (am I their only fan?)
5. Red cabbage (sometimes known as Captain Cook's cabbage)
6. Zucchini (sometimes courgette)
10. Sweetcorn (grew it as a kid, what can I say!)
Runners-up: Leek, parsnip, turnip (basically all the *nips*), radishes, peas, cabbage and baked beans.
My apologies to all the carrots and broccoli of the world. Maybe next year?
Share on Facebook
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.